kudos to Charlie from M32!  I'll add one piece of info:  If you are on CF6 enterprise using mulit-server config (is there any other way?)  You do not have this whitespace setting in the CFAdmin tool.  Its available but hidden in a XML file.  See
http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/releasenotes/mx/releasenotes_mx_updater.html
...and Dean, I found that by JFGI  :)

DK