As a follow-up to my last note, I'd also like to point out one other resource that many forget: the CF docs. But I don't want this to sound like I'm just saying RTFM. Here's the thing.

If you just think only of the CFML Reference Guide, then it would be understandable that for some needs, like this recent discussion of "how to limit whitespace", you may get little help out of the Reference manual. If you don't know the tags to look for, then you can't be expected to readily find the desired tags in the reference (though certainly for many questions, it is a great resource).

But I find that many don't seem to notice that there is also a "users guide" to CF. The name has changed from 5 (Developing ColdFusion Applications)  to 7 (ColdFusion MX Developer's Guide), but it's still a great resource (and nearly 1000 pages).

Now, some may also want to point out that the docs are available online at livedocs.macromedia.com (yes, it's still there and not adobe,curiously).

But note that you can't readily search that online version (it's possible in the CF7 version if you click the little site navigation control in the top left corner). But note that you CAN download any of the CF manuals in PDF form, at http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/coldfusion/.  (Now, do I really remember that URL? No. I googled it: coldfusion documentation PDF, and it's the first result!)

/charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/