I asked the question;

" Also we have come to realize that Google SEO takes points for not having a
<doc> tag on the head of a page." To an AbleCommerce accessory vendor that
we have done business in the past with. Of which he replied:

"You can also put a <DOC> tag at the top of the appheader.cfm so it displays
at the top of every page.  Or put it into application.cfm to be sure that it
is the first element output.  Just make sure that if it is between
<cfsetting enableCFoutputOnly = "Yes/No" > tags that you wrap it in
<CFOUTPUT> tags."

If I do this will I end up with double entry tags, tags on pages that don't
need tags etc? Will this be sloppy practice or will it work out just fine?

Robert P. Reil
Managing Director,
Motorcyclecarbs.com, Inc.
4292 Country Garden Walk NW