Could anyone explain the difference between CGI.http_host and CGI.server_name?

They appear to return the same value.  I’d like to better understand how each one works, the pros and cons of using http_host or server_name.

I am currently using cgi.http_host to pull the domain name from a URL to “serve up” a different CSS style sheet based on the domain name in the URL. It has been suggested that I could do exactly the same process using cgi.server_name—and it appears that I would agree with that.  However I’ve been know to “self doubt” myself, so before I change my script I’d like to understand if there’s a benefit, or “better reason” for using one variable or the other.

Thanks to all,

Dan Kaufman

7850 W. Sunset Blvd.

Apt. 209

Los Angeles, CA 90046

818.793.9402

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.StudioKaufman.com

"What  is the distance between the eyes and the soul?"

Fortune Cookie