I’ve got a table with some fields I’m writing numeric values to from a form. I have the Columns in the database (SQL 2005) as Numeric fields.

I’ve tried to sum the totals in SQL using SUM(value1, value2, value3, value4, value5) as total, but I kept getting errors about having to add all the columns as part of the aggregate function , so I left that alone.

When I go to add the values in CF <cfset total = #value1# + #value2# …>  It tells me can’t add “”, referring to the null values in some of the fields stored in the database.

I was thinking about using a lot of if statements for each field but this seems wrong and will probably take a performance hit on the page.

What do I need to do?

TIA

Chris C. Cooper

Cooper e.Business Solutions