I always appreciate a dissenting point of view, but try to think about it from this angle. I keep hearing that Adobe/Macromedia will spend more advertising and marketing dollars for ColdFusion than in the old Allaire days. Adobe supposely will spend marketing dollars for ColdFusion. They will hopefully note the advantages of CF in relation to other technologies like PHP, but then on the flip side, their own staff uses that competing technology on a labs site? A labs site that should be a showcase of what Adobe and it's technology can do? Sorry but that doesn't make much sense to me and it really draws into question their commitment to things.

John

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charlie Arehart
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 2:29 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] New user & question

Oh, I don't know. With all due respect John, I don't quite get the fretting over things like this. :-) Look, if there was a good one in PHP, why go and build one in CF? And while there may be ones in CF, if they're not as good, would it really be most prudent of them to either go build it or work to improve an existing one?

I guess your response (as with many) may argue that they should. I'm just putting in a more pragmatic perspective that says, "you know, it's a big world out there, and CF doesn't need to be behind EVERY web app created--and yes, I'd say even ones run out of Adobe". I know some will disagree. Just wanted to offer a dissenting voice.

/charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/