On 10/19/06, Robert Reil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Only the following services seem relevant

Macromedia JRun Admin Server

Macromedia JRun CFusion Server

Macromedia JRun Default Server

No other Macromedia JRun services are installed

Digging around in Google and LiveDocs I have come to this conclusion.

I need to use the jrunsvc as Doug has replied to, and I saw that livedoc, to install a windows service for that service.

I can't seem to get the service to load using that command though there are no samples, only wild cards and I think I am getting the syntax wrong.

I wish I had a sample of a command line, with an extaction of the Windows services entry.

C:/jrun4/bin/jrunsvc –install <jrun-server> "service-name" "service-display"
that is a sample, no wildcards are mentioned.  replace <jrun-server> with your server name
and the string literals with whatever you want.  You can always edit the descriptions in the services panel too.

If I use the JRun welcome.jsp file console to turn off the cfusion service, and to turn on the cfusion7 service that works, but the cfusion turns back on.

I did notice that going into windows services and stopping the cfusion service does completely stop it.

The ' JRun welcome.jsp file' access via port 8000 is known as the JMC.  I STRONGLY recommend using this or the windows services panel in a mutually exclusive manner.  Using both of these to start/stop jrun servers is a bad idea, they don't play well with others and may even use pointy scissors.

If you are doing all this on your local desktop for development, I wouldn't use any of this.  Just simply use
c:\jrun4\jrun -start <jrun-server>  to start the server from a command line.  Creating a BAT file for this is cake and can be dbl-clicked in good old windows.

So with that, I guess I should turn the JRun cfusion svc to manual (which I just did)

And that I need some help on getting the JRun cfusion7 svc to install and have it run in the Windows services as Automatic.

I want to run:

C:/jrun4/bin/jrunsvc –install <jrun-server> "service-name" "service-display"

I want it to post into Windows Services as:

Name:

Macromedia JRun CFusion7 Server

Macromedia JRun ColdFusion 7 Server

Startup Type: