Let me try to explain what I trying to accomplish a little bit better.

I'm not sure if cfcs can do this. Documentation seems to make me think
that they can.

In my test.cfm I have the following:

<cfoutput>#qryWINDOWS.recordcount#</cfoutput>
<cfoutput>#qryLINUX.recordcount#</cfoutput>

I'm using the following query from a cfinclude action.cfm (contains
multiple queries).

<!---Query for Windows OS--->
<cfquery datasource="#APPLICATION.dsn#" name="qryWINDOWS">
SELECT *
FROM stats
WHERE os = 'WINDOWS'
</cfquery>

<!---Query for Linux OS--->
<cfquery datasource="#APPLICATION.dsn#" name="qryLINUX">
SELECT *
FROM stats
WHERE os = 'LINUX'
</cfquery>

How can I accomplish this without using mulitiple queries for LINUX,
MAC, UNIX, etc.., using a cfc?  I'm new to the cfcs and after reading
the documentation, It looks like the above is possible, plus I can cut
down on my code.

I would assume I could use variable(s) as follows:

<cfquery datasource="#APPLICATION.dsn#" name="qryOS">
SELECT *
FROM stats
WHERE #var1# = #var2#
</cfquery>

How would I pass #var1# and #var2# from my cfm to the cfc? Any examples
would be great.

How I display the return recordcount would be great as well.  By the
way, the output takes place on the same cfm (test.cfm).