you're making me chortle Charlie! Congratulations..
You are right. It IS my day... It is watch Robert go down the wrong trail
day.

Here is all I know, and for some of you it may be old news but I want to
give a 100% regroup and bring it back to high level view.

I use AbleCommerce.
It uses CF. (and other things I am finding out)
Able developers revise code, fix bugs and of course release new versions.
Able does not and will not ever do everything I want it to do. It does most
but not all.
I like able. I can not afford the time or funding to make a custom app from
scratch.
So I pretty much see the solution as using Able as a dev platform to build
an intranet app for the business. Then to add or merge an intranet into able
to the point that eventually able is more a part of the intranet than the
intranet is a part of able.
With this in mind I am aware of the fact that I will develop and they will
develop going in different directions.
To manage this I have decided that Tortoise Subversion seems to be the way
to manage this code development between both code sets while staying
synchronized.
I also need an IDE. I have chosed Dreamweaver8 at this time, along with
notepad++, navicat, mysql, and others so far and am just trying to get my
complete environment all hooked together before I start flipping switches
and either making or breaking code what ever the case may end up being.
However along the way bits and pieces of questions present themselves for my
unique need and well I have to tackle them one by one.

In trying to set up the RDS last night and this AM I stumbled onto WebDAV,
and see that it is something of a buzzword that I have seen so far. So since
it was in there, I am considering that maybe DW needs to integrate with
Tortoise as well.

Charlie, I really dont know what I need yet. It seems I plug something in,
and it either works for me, breaks something or lacks something which raises
another question which as you ALL have noticed keeps me asking questions.
Figuratively speaking it is like I bought a bunch of office furniture and I
have put it together, but the wires for the different accessories are too
short, wrong color, wrong interface etc (you all have been there) then get
out the pencils, pens, post its, set the chair height etc. Then one day You
sit down to use it and say WHEW!! Finally! DEEP BREATH! Now lets get
started.

This last point is where I feel very close to in some ways, and in some ways
(subversion/tortoise) Im just opening the box.

So bear with me please.... <CFFROWN> Im struggling through this every
day....  I know it is not really what you asked but felt that many of you
that are somewhat following this adventure of mine didnt really totally
understand what I was up against clearly. So again that was for you.

So ALL OF YOU!!! Slap me around! Call me silly! Tell me why, laugh at me...
I dont care... Input is a GOOD THING! ANY INPUT! ITS ALL GOOD!! <CFSMILE>

Thanks for listening and I hope my conveluted answer/story has given an
answer to Charlies question...

Robert P. Reil

Managing Director,

Motorcyclecarbs.com, Inc.