I don't know much, but I can answer a few

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ajas Mohammed
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 5:11 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] Installed CF 7 multi server config over Server
config...Not sure what I have now???

Hi,
I had installed CF7 Developer edition with Server configuration (first option
available) and configured it with IIS webserver and everythings fine. Since I
wanted to test some JSP pages and wanted to see if I can host them with CF7,
I started installer for
CF 7 Developer edition but this time installer disabled Server config(first
option) since its already installed and I selected the second option i.e.
MultiServer Config which installs JRUN 4 during the installation. The
installation went fine and after the completion I think I was asked to run
Jrun Launcher or soemthing like that.

Anyway, everything went on fine but the question which bothers me now is what
do I have installed in terms of CF server???

1)Do I have seperate instance of CF 7 Server config & a seperate instance of
CF7 as a multiserver?

2) Can I run some cfm pages with CF7 server and some jsp & cfm pages wtih
mulitserver? Which server is processing my cfm pages? Is it Server
Configuration or JRUN configuration?

3) I read about CF application deployed as war or ear. I know little about
deploying. For example theres a folder structure web-inf etc. Is it saying
that cfm pages can be deployed on J2EE server without CF server or Jrun
installed on that machine/server? Is it doable?

You can deploy ColdFusion itself as a J2EE application, but ColdFusion is
still needed. Afaik, ColdFusion itself is always running in a "J2EE"
configuration, albeit tied to the bundled JRun.

4) any good info or article to get started with knowing the folder structure
for ear or war deploy? basic stuff would really help.

5) can we process jsp pages with cf 7 server installation only i.e first type
of installation??

Thanks

--
<AjasMohammed />