I've run into slow lookup issues before with using the DNS entry for
datasource definitions.  Got around this by using the VIP for the database
instead.  Similar issues with our LDAP server too, so I use the VIP there
too.

DK

On 2/13/07, Steven Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry, I am not using java 1.5 the string below should read
.../Versions/1.4.2/Home/...

On 2/13/07, Steven Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, I've been digging and I am having an issue where Coldfusion (and
> possibly the underlying java) is having to time out when trying to
> resolve a DNS entry before it looks in my hosts file. I have verified
> through ping that my machine is using the hosts file correctly however
> when it comes to CF it takes 14seconds or so before it defers to my
> local hosts file.
>
> I am starting CF like this:
>
> sudo
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Home/bin/java

--
Steven Ross
web application & interface developer
http://www.zerium.com