yup, Charles shows the compressed response with all the gobbly gook chars as
well as the decompressed response.

I'm using metaedit to work IIS5 settings for this.  not exactly a nice GUI.

Trying to google on what is broken in iis5 compression, most what I read
seems to not really matter to me.  Any pointers on this?

Going to leave it on for our dev and staging instances and see for a month
or two.

Dk