 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dusty Hale
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:54 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] dsn's in cf admin

I'm used to setting up dsn's for SQL Server with the server name "(local)"
when in fact the server instance is local. However, I just installed SQL
Server 2000 Eval on my laptop and am trying to set up a dsn to a database I
just created. I've verified the server name is (local) and I tried that and
also the IP 127.0.0.1

(CF 7 and SQL 2000)

I get this error (in cf admin dsn section) when using the ip:

Connection verification failed for data source: tester
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing
socket. Connection refused: connect
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC
Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused: connect

I get this error when using (local):

Connection verification failed for data source: tester
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing
socket. Unknown host: (local)
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC
Driver]Error establishing socket. Unknown host: (local)

If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.
I also have SQL Server 2005 Express running on the same machine with a
different instance name and setting dsn's to that one works fine.

thx

Dusty
List hosted by FusionLink
List hosted by FusionLink