But what if the only really important data in the app is the initial login
credential? If the other data besides that is not sensitive, isn't it sort
of a waste?

Shawn Gorrell
Web Development Applications Architect
Federal Reserve Bank - Atlanta
Office (404)  498-8449

"Dean H. Saxe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
05/18/2007 08:11 AM
Please respond to
discussion@acfug.org

discussion@acfug.org
cc

Subject
Re: [ACFUG Discuss] problem with session variables (i think) - DISREGARD I
SOLVED IT

Actually, if you use SSL at all, you need to use if from the  beginning to
the end of the session.  Otherwise all of the value of SSL is lost once
the user begins transmitting his session tokens (JSESSIONID) across an
insecure link.

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Here in America everything is bought and sold, you can get anything for
little bits of gold.
We'll rape the earth and ruin the air, cut down every tree from here to
there.
    -- Donna The Buffalo "America"