From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Howard
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 4:43 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] building a variable's name dynamically

Hey all,

This may be something perfectly obvious that I'm overlooking but I'm
trying to initialize a variable while building the variable name
dynamically based on a loop.

My code is as follows :
<CFOUTPUT query="qryGetproj_names">
      <CFSET customer_po#qryGetproj_names.CURRENTROW#="#customer_po#">
   </CFOUTPUT>

Unfortunately, CF doesn't like this code and is thrwoing this error:

Invalid CFML construct found on line 39 at column 25.

ColdFusion was looking at the following text:

#

The CFML compiler was processing:

*       a CFSET tag beginning on line 39, column 8.
*       a CFSET tag beginning on line 39, column 8.

The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\accting_db\project_request.cfm:
line 39

37 :    <br /><CFDUMP var="#qryGetproj_names#">
38 :    <CFOUTPUT
query="qryGetproj_names">#qryGetproj_names.CURRENTROW#---customer_po#qry
Getproj_names.CURRENTROW#<BR />
39 :       <CFSET
customer_po#qryGetproj_names.CURRENTROW#="#customer_po#">

Could someone please point out where my error is?  I'm trying to
populate a form with the existing values in the DB and there are 16
lines/rows in the form that are each an individual record in the DB.