From: Cheyenne Throckmorton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: discussion@acfug.org
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2007 6:45:51 PM
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] URL hackers

Over the past few days I've noticed some rudimentary attempts to do some SQL
injection type attacks over the URL string on a few of our sites.

The stuff I'm getting is your typical '1=1 and user>0' type stuff added to the
end of URLs.  Looks almost like they may be using Google to hack for possible
vulnerable strings in CFML sites.  I know this has been very popular with .asp
pages, maybe they are moving onto .cfm now as well.

In any case, I am double checking our security and think we are fine, still,
not having encountered this, I was wondering what some of you all might do in
similar instances.

I am noticing the attacks are coming to several of our sites from the same
group of IP addresses.  Is there a place to report this type of activity?
Should you just shut off access entirely for these IPs?  I know the worst
problems with hackers is that once they are in, they are really tough to get
rid of, but at the same time I'd hate to cut off access to a group of IPs if
say it was like Comcast customers and not the
RowandanNationalGreatDeals.com or  something.

Thanks,

Cheyenne

List hosted by FusionLink