errant email send on the last one.... in any case, I had this code:

<CFSELECT name = "owner"
        multiple="no"
        width="220"
        label="Owner:"
                query="qGetUsers"
                display="fullname"

onChange="assetgrid.dataProvider.editField(assetgrid.selectedIndex,'owner',owner.selectedItem.data);"
        bind="{assetgrid.dataProvider[assetgrid.selectedIndex]['owner']}"   />

and I get this error message " Only one of the bind or query
attributes can be used on a CFSELECT"  the code worked fine in CF7.