From: Charlie Arehart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: discussion@acfug.org
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 12:26:00 PM
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] getPageContext.forward() hijinks

DIV {
MARGIN:0px;}

Shawn, what version of CF are you using? I doubt you're
still at 6.0, but there was a bug that prevented it working with posts, but
that
was fixed in an updater. Then, I don't recall it being specific to file
uploads,
so perhaps this is another issue. That said, there's a specific update
regarding
file uploads in 7.02 cumulative hotfix 3 (which you have to apply manually).
It's not said to be related to getpagecontext forwards, but instead is related
to memory (don't let the mention of CFCs keep you from trying it). This is the
one I referred to the other night at the ACFUG. You have to apply it manually,
even if you applied cumulative hotfix.

BTW,
if I may while add a comment while replying to the list, I wanted to clarify
something about the giveaway I did that night. On the spur of the moment, since
we didn't have too many higher value prizes, I made the offer for an hour of
consulting time ($120 value). Afterwards, I realized some may have thought,
"big
deal. an hour. if a consultant works for weeks or even days, that's not much of
a discount is it?". I should have explained that the nature of my consulting
typically doesn't involve much more than an hour. I focus on solving problems,
and often it doesn't take more than an hour (over the web and/or phone) to help
evaluate the problem and identify a solution. So when I was offering an hour, I
was really offering "a free solution to a problem you may face". :-) I can't
guarantee to solve all problems in an hour. but I've got a pretty good
track record and can offer references (working to get them online).  Sorry
for a mini info-mercial, but I thought it may be less offensive as part of a
technical thread where I'm offering such a solution versus in a new thread of
its own. Apologies, Shawn, for side-tracking it a little.

/charlie