On 1/23/08, Cheyenne Throckmorton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks like their ranking is based upon the numbers of lines of code.
> Sounds like the lower we get on here the more effecient we are at utilizing
> our lines of code.  I've never even heard of tiobe, I'm not too concerned.

Nah, it's based on the oh so scientific method of counting the number of
results in search engines:

The popular search engines Google, MSN, Yahoo!, and YouTube are used to
calculate the ratings. Observe that the TIOBE index is not about the
*best*programming language or the language in which
*most lines of code* have been written.

However, I did note that I could only find one CF book at Borders the other
> day. CF8 WACK Vol. 2.  I guess that either means they don't stock much CF or
> what they did stock sold out or there is only one definitive CF book or a
> littany of other reasons.  Stats are stats they can be viewed every which
> way.

The big book stores are really uneven from one store to the next in the CS
department. The Borders at Brookhaven is just awful. But the one in Buckhead
by Phipps is pretty decent, although they reduced it the last time they did
a store reorg. The Barnes and Noble at Technology Square isn't bad if you
can stomach the Georgia Tech paraphernalia (Go Dawgs, sic 'em, woof woof
woof!!!!). And although they aren't open late or anything approaching late,
the Engineer's Bookstore on Marietta is also pretty good.

--
Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right." -- Henry