Hey guys,

You know, I'm not in Atlanta, so I mostly read the list as opposed to post,
but I need to post something today. After yet another long slog through
someone else's unformatted, unindented, uncommented code, I'm wondering why
CFML, in general, still looks like crap. Does anyone else take the time to
properly format and comment code? Across entire applications, as a paradigm,
as opposed to only doing it in a udf or someplace to demonstrate their
cleverness? I'm guessing the CFML glitterati in ATL probably do it a lot
more than other places - I can tell you, in Nashville, it's an
embarrassment.

Of course, they're still not making much progress in their ongoing study of
the <CFQuery> tag here, so what did I expect. I sure miss Atlanta!

If anyone would care to email me some code samples of typical work that you
feel is quality (In other words, looks like a programmer wrote it, as
opposed to a WYSIWYG editor or some college kid doing web pages on dad's
computer at night), I'd love to see it. I'm old and crotchety now (I was a
young man when dbml.exe was floating around, and you could call Ben Freuh at
his desk to complain about stuff), so I'm a bit of a snob about code
formatting, but I'd love to know that I'm not the only one!

Hope you guys are doing well over there in ATL!

W. Sean Harrison
Founder, CTO
ALIENetworks LLC
http://www.ALIENetworks.com