We have a CF server that has 4 or 5 applications that query our LDAP server.
The most used of these apps is our main user directory.   Our networking folks
recently added monitoring software on our new LDAP server and they noticed that
there are over 2000 tcp socket requests (in the course of about 3 hours) from
the CF server to the LDAP server that are in a CLOSE_WAIT state.  These requests
only go away if the LDAP is cycled.  Our CF apps use CFLDAP tags to query the
LDAP server.  It was my understanding that ColdFusion cleans up these
connections at the end of its processing.  Does anyone have any suggestions
about how to identify the offending app(s) and prevent future connections from
hanging in this state?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Saxon