Scott,

Have you thought about using the POI stuff to read the Excel sheet? There's
a lot of info on a CFC implementation at
http://www.bennadel.com/blog/474-ColdFusion-Component-Wrapper-For-POI-To-Read-And-Write-Excel-Files.htm.
True, that info then comes in as a struct but you could loop over the struct
and create query without the spaces in the column names as you need for QOQ.

Just a thought...

Howard

--
Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it." - Jeff Atwood