On which server?  Your CF server or the remote one?  What version of
CF?  Are you getting a more specific error message and would you be
willing to post it?  Windows or Linux?  What about permissions - is CF
running under it's over account (with permissions to open TCP
Sockets)?

-Cameron

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Charlie Stell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a cfc that calls a third party web service.
>

> This cfc is instantiated within a request – not in any persistent scope.
>

> No use of VAR in any of  the cfc's functions.
>

> Could this result in a having no TCP/IP sockets available on the server?
>

> Thanks for any advice!

> List hosted by FusionLink

Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc