From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cameron
Childress
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 6:44 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Destroy An Object

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Clarke Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I have a user object that's stored in the session scope when a user logs
in.

> When the session expires, the object gets garbage collected, right?

It's marked for GC, and eventually gets collected.  Effectively as far as
the app's concerned  it's gone immediately.

> But, if I want to destroy the object, how do I do that? Maybe this is
> not something that's needed often as I couldn't find an answer via the
> docs or Google.

A few options...

To delete just that one item:
<cfset structDelete(session,'myUserObject') />

However, I usually have a "isLoggedIn" property on the user object (with a
default value of false) and do this:
<cfset session.myUserObject =
createObject('component','path.to.User').init() />

That way the user object still exists, but in recreating it you are
resetting all the props to their default values, with the significant one
here being isLoggedIn = false.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress