I have just discovered the benefit of PDF Forms in CF 8. However, I have one small dilemma. Is there a way to generate a static PDF from a dynamic PDF Form?

In other words, I have a several Word documents that together make up a contract that we send out to our clients. Currently, our Contract Administrator opens the Word contract template and modifies the client name, client address, client phone number, . . . . etc each time she needs to create a new contract.

I wanted to make this process more automated, especially since we already have all the client data in our database. So, I converted these documents to PDF Forms from Word Docs using Live Designer. I figured this was they best approach so that as the contract forms require changes (which occurs every 6 months or so) anyone could go in and change the basic content of the text fields in Live Designer (as opposed to creating the contract docs in a .cfm page and using CFDOCUMENT to create the PDF, which would require someone to have to make sense of HTML and all other stuff that I would include in a .cfm page to allow for proper formatting).

The benefit to me is that I was then able to include floating fields so that our Contract Administrator no longer needs to manually modify the client information for each contract. Now she can select the client from a drop down and click a button to generate the contract.

Only some of the pages in our contract require customization for each client. Other pages are identical for all clients. The problem I have having is that when I use cfpdf action=merge to pull together the static PDF files and the dynamically created PDF Forms the final PDF document only ends up containing the website created PDF Form. The other static PDF documents just seems to not be merged. I thought if I could somehow tell the CFPDFFORM tag to create a static PDF Form without any embedded or attached data then the merging would be successful.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. (I hope this makes sense, and I also am sorry for the long question)