How does that work when you are serving a direct like to a PDF or a DOC? CF has
nothing to do with that.

From the original email:

My concern is how to prevent an non authorized user from
accessing or hotlinking to non ColdFusion page. (i.e, images, pdfs, swfs, .txt
etc).

________________________________
From: Troy Jones <t...@dynapp.com>
To: discussion@acfug.org
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:19:28 PM
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Blocking a ColdFusion website's directory

Emile,

You can create a session variable that exists only when a user
is logged in and test for that when a call comes in to your page. For example,
in some include file or function, you could use a statement similar to this:

<cfif not session.loggedIn>
<cflocation template=”login.cfm”>
</cfif>

If the existence of variable “loggedIn” is not
present, the user will be redirected to the location you determine.

As far as removing anonymous access to your content, there are a
number of ways to do that. I will defer to some of the more experienced minds
on the list for that one.

Hope this helps,

Troy
Jones