I am trying to use some of the new <cfinput> capabilities in CF8. Specifically,
the Ajax-based autosuggest feature that does a lookup after the user types in a
few characters.

It's sort of working, but I thought I'd ask you guys if you've had success with
using <cfinput> and Ajax.

I'm using this as part of an admin tool. The user starts typing an email
address, and then I want autosuggest to show a list of users that match that
pattern.

What it's doing is that after you type a few characters, the little rotating
icon that indicates a data fetch goes off. But, it never displays the drop down
list of all the email addresses that match. Then, if you press Backspace, it
show the drop down list!

So, it is retrieving the data, but isn't working how I think it should.

Any ideas on how to make this work or how to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks,

    Clarke

Office: 770-642-1353
eMail: cbis...@resultantsys.com