sure - but you need to decide on a data format. does php support cf query
type? i doubt it - you will likely need to change the query to an array.

Dusty Hale <du...@dustyhale.com>
Sent by: ad...@acfug.org
04/16/2009 01:02 AM
Please respond to
discussion@acfug.org

discussion@acfug.org
cc

Subject
[ACFUG Discuss] creating a web service with cf

I have a need which I think would be a good fit to create a web service
but since I have never developed a web service I thought to get some other
opinions.

I have a site which is hosted on a Linux box with php and no CF. I need
for part of this site to use a database and make a little admin app to
manage it. Well I am lazy and don't want to do this with PHP and MySQL
mainly because I know CF and SQL so I just want to do this with what I am
used to. So my thought was that I could create a CFC that would act as a
web service that the PHP site could call remotely. All it needs to do is
get some data from the SQL server and display it in HTML. So I though I
could generate the result HTML in the CFC and the PHP site could call it
remotely. Again the PHP site is not on the same server as the CFC so it
would be a remote call.

This is basically what a web service is for right? Would this approach
work?

Thanks so much in advance for any replies.

Dusty