I work with a few guys who are mac developers using CF and MySQL, and they
use NaviCat.  They are big fans of that app.  It appears they have a free
(lite) version now:

http://www.navicat.com/download/download.html

I use SQLyog on Windows - the community edition. I like it.  I also tend
to use ssh a lot to my linux box I have mysql installed on and just use
the mysqladmin account and do things the hard way if needed.

Coming from MSSQL or Oracle, you'll notice some differences.  Obviously
stored procedures and functions work a bit differently - the syntax for
writing stored procs is pretty different.

An extreme option for you is to install VMWare or something similar and
put Windows on there and use MS SQL Server.  I would think this is a good
opportunity to learn MySQL for you though, and you might as well make the
leap :)