Hi,

I came across code like this

<cfquery name="getSomething" datasource="test">
   select col1,col2,col3 from tbl where condition
</cfquery>

Now, instead of using <cfoutput query="getSomething"> col1 <br /> col2 <br
/> col3 <br /> </cfoutput>,
getSomething.col3 <br /> </cfoutput>

The code in blue would do ONLY ONE CALL to query and display results.

My take is that, the code in red is executing the query every time col1 thru
col3 are referenced with query name. Is this correct? Also if
getSomethingwas a cfprocresult name, the stored proc would be executed
for every
reference to stored proc name.colname right?

Thanks,

<Ajas Mohammed />
http://ajashadi.blogspot.com
We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are.
No matter what, find a way. Because thats what winners do.
You can't improve what you don't measure.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention,
sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents
the wise choice of many alternatives.