From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Howard
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 2:54 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] input type=datefield validation question

I have a form that has a required input of type=datefiled.  If the user tabs
thru and doesn't enter a date a hidden div with an error message saying the
datefield is required becomes visible.  There is an onblur validation for
this.

My problem is that if the user goes back and just clicks on the CF created
datefield calendar and then tabs away the error message does not become
invisible again.  Instead they have to actual type something in the text
input next to the CF generated calendar control.

<cfinput disabled="#BOAdisabled#" type="datefield" name="date#i#"
id="date#i#" value="#thisEffectiveDate#" maxlength="10"
onblur="validateDateField(this, true);validateDescriptionLine(this);"
validateat="onblur" style="width:90px"/>

My question is, does anyone know how to force the validation if the user
just uses the control to pick the date?

Thanks,

Jeff