To Steve's last point, you can see the recording of his CFMeetup talk, like
all CFMeetup talks, at http://recordings.coldfusionmeetup.com.

/charlie

From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Steve Drucker
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 8:44 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] RE: Coldfusion Tabs vs JQuery Tabs

I'll happily concede the point on the fact that CF is never going to be
completely up to date with the latest EXT library, however, CF 9 does
include EXT-JS 3.0 which I used extensively and integrated with CFLayout in
the ColdFusion Portal / Open Government Dashboard project and the two pieces
fit together very nicely for me, without having to do any "digging".

If you're on CF 8 - then yes, you'd want to do everything through EXT-JS 3.x
and abandon the <cflayout> stuff unless you were implementing a basic GUI
that fit within the parameters of what <cflayout> explicitly supports.

Btw, for any of you who missed my CFMeetup lecture, you can check out the
open gov dashboard / portal based on CF 9 and EXT-JS 3.x at
http://www.figleaf.com/Community/CodeSamples.cfm