Just a stab int he dark, but I'd look for a UPDATE where clause that
looks something like this:

UPDATE table
SET somecolumn = somevalue
<cfif isDefined(session.companyid)>
  WHERE companyid = #session.companyid#
</cfif>

The CFIF might be an isDefined() or some other test, but in the above
example if session.companyid doesn't exist, the resulting SQL will
update the entire table.  Doesn't matter if you think there is no way
that session.companyid could be missing - there is probably some
unique scenario you didn't account for that triggers it.  In this
example, browser behavior could cause that to happen since losing your
session would effectively cause the where clause to never fire.

Hope that leads you in a helpful direction.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc