Thanks Charlie. I did try type="xml" like you suggested, but it didn't help.

I think I need to better understand how CFHTTP/CFHTTPParam translate into
HTTP headers. I know what I want the request to look like, but how to make
CF create that request is my challenge.

1.       Do you or anyone else know of any good examples or links for how CF
builds requests?

2.       Also, I still haven't been able to get Charles to work with my CF
development server. Does anyone have any examples or links for how to setup
Charles to show HTTP traffic from a CFHTTP. Charles has HTTP proxy and SOCKS
proxy options - Which one is better to use? And, what's the best way to get
CF to route through the proxy?

Right now, I'm kind of stuck, so I really appreciate any ideas!

   Clarke