From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Ajas Mohammed
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 6:27 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] .NET calling Coldfusion 9 Webservice Date issue
1900-01-01T00:00:00Z

Hi,

I am working on a project that involves .NET calling my ColdFusion Webservice.
One of the arguments is varDate of type Date. When client (.NET) user is
calling my webservice with a date of 1900-01-01T00:00:00Z, it came across as
1899-12-31 00:00:00.000

1899-12-31 00:00:00.000 is one day before 1900-01-01T00:00:00Z. I have been
stumped by this behavior.

What would have caused this?

Also, what is a good practice, should I have kept varDate as string instead of
Date?

<Ajas Mohammed />
http://ajashadi.blogspot.com
We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are.
No matter what, find a way. Because thats what winners do.
You can't improve what you don't measure.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention,
sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the
wise choice of many alternatives.