Service unavailable errors could actually be an IIS problem. Check to see if you are limiting the web site connections under IIS. If so, simply up the number a bit to see if that removes the problem. CF9 fixed a number of performance problems like the infamous createUUID() function, etc., but CF8 performs just fine under the right configuration and management. It's never a bad idea to use FusionReactor, Seefusion or the CF memory tracker to see what is happening in CF itself.

John
ma...@fusionlink.com