Hey all...

I've got a problem that I would like some ideas on...

I have an https (secure site) and I would like to pass a variable from
javascript back to the server via an ajax call.

The variable is sensitive and I would like to keep it secure. If I request the
ajax page with the url variable, will it be encrypted with https? The web being
what it is seems to show some disagreement on this issue. I have read that the
entire url (including the variables) is sent in the clear. However, I saw
somewhere else that only the domain is in the clear when the dns request is
made; after the DNS request, the secure socket is created and everything
including the path, filename. and any variable is encrypted through SSL.

Does anyone know for sure which of the above is correct? are url parameters
encrypted on SSL connections? If they are not encrypted, does anyone have a good
solution to encrypt, or is my best bet to change from a GET to a POST request
for security?

Thanks,
Frank