On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Frank Moorman
<stretch...@franksdomain.net>wrote:

> **
> I generally prefer not to have my daily use machine running a web server
> (and db server) constantly while I am using it.

I do kinda have a similar opinion, though I don't mind the WebServer and DB
server running, it's CF and/or Railo that I don't want running all the
time.

So I guess on top of (or as an alternative to) Frank's way of doing things,
I let Apache and mySQL run all the time, but I only start CF/Railo when I
need to, at the command line.  This also gives me the added benefit of
having some good debug output on the console for CF errors when and if they
happen (we all write perfect code right?).

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress