Initially, we had on the same box, a MySQL server, a Coldfusion server so when
a MySQL database named "mydatabase" was referenced in the Coldfusion component
file, the application worked.
The application is a Flex front end, Coldfusion middle tier and MySQL back end.
The Flex component communicates
with Coldfusion using remoting services.

Now, the Coldfusion is provided by a off-site hosting provider to avoid costs
of a Coldfusion license. However, the datasource named "mydatabase"
cannot be accessed by the Coldfusion component since it is on the on-site
server. The error message is "Unable to invoke CFC operation failed on the
orf2344_cfvars data source"

What needs to be done so that the Coldfusion component can access the
datasource named "mydatabase"? Our server administrator who changed the servers
does not
have time to look into this so I need to find out what could have gone wrong
and inform him how to fix it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks