I'm struggling with something here and can't figure out of I'm doing
something wrong or if I've encountered a nasty bug. I am trying to extract
the day of week (both numeric and string) with the following lines:

<cfscript>

writeOutput(now() & "<br />");

                writeOutput(dateFormat(now(),'mm/dd/yyyy') & '<br />');

writeOutput(dayOfWeek(day(dateFormat(now(),'mm/dd/yyyy'))) & '<br />');

writeOutput(dayOfWeekAsString(dayOfWeek(day(dateFormat(now(),'mm/dd/yyyy')))
));

</cfscript>

Here is my output:

{ts '2013-01-09 16:21:22'}

01/09/2013

2

Monday

It Seems that we're ok until the third line, where it return the numeric day
of week (today, 01/09/2013) as 2 and string value of Monday when the
expected return is 4 and Wednesday.

I admit it's entirely possible I'm missing a minor detail or something
(wouldn't be the first time), but I can't figure out what's going on here.

Anyone have ideas?

Thank you,

Troy Jones

Technical Manager