From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Frank Moorman
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 2:38 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Out of Memory?!?

Thanks all for the insight...

And just as Charlie predicted, the event happened again without tripping the
alert.

One benefit, even though I was not actively watching what happened, I did
have the server monitor running. The event happened when the server was only
using 440MB, with 1.2GB free in the jvm allocation. So it definitely is not
a memory issue. (It also happened in between GC cycles, so that isn't the
issue either.)

As for the possibility of the CPU, I won't discount this, but I doubt it
would be from CF. We do use CFDocument/CFPDF which I know grab resources,
but normally those pages are during the morning, and it actually happened
twice last night at a time when I would not expect it.

I'll have to gather more information. I'm starting to think that the cause
may be outside CF. I'm going to try to look at all the system logs and try
to piece together exactly what was happening at the time of the event.

Another question though...  Fusion Reactor monitors the entire system, not
just CF right? (i.e. it can track running system processes, not just what CF
is doing) If this is true, this may be the next step if my efforts are
fruitless.

Thanks,
Frank