Hi folks,

An application I've built and maintained for years has just undergone some
radical changes in the way some financial data is stored, meaning large
changes in the database schema.

The result is that the database functions I've built to calculate total
billing figures must look at a variety of possible scenarios, and the
result has been very slow performance when those functions must be run many
times to obtain a large group of totals.

I'm hoping that either someone in the group feels s/he's enough of an
expert SQL programmer -- or simply knows a great SQL programmer -- who
could look at the situation and come up with a more performant solution.

This would definitely be a paid gig. I'll be happy to share the code and
schema with someone who thinks s/he can help. But I don't want to overload
the group with too much information till it's necessary.

Tom

Tom McNeer
MediumCool
http://www.mediumcool.com