I just saw this list and thought about your question. Might be helpful.

It's "A collection of useful .htaccess snippets, all in one place. I
decided to create this repo after getting so tired (and bored) with
Googling everytime there's a need of forcing www for my new website."

https://github.com/phanan/htaccess#force-https

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress