Just fyi for people, several service providers will pushed hard this
year for full TLS 1.2 compliance. This JVM tweak won't work with older
Adobe ColdFusion versions (pre CF11).

This blog post by CFMuse helps explain the problem..
https://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2014/12/8/colfusion-jvm-versions-sslv3-tls

The solution is to upgrade your CF servers or switch to Lucee. If you
need extra time, you can switch out your cfhttp calls to use the
cfx_http5 custom tag which is a C++ tag and avoids the entire problem
with old CF/JVM systems.

cfx_http5
https://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2014/12/8/colfusion-jvm-versions-sslv3-tls

John