On 01/25/2015 08:59 PM, Daniel Berteaud wrote:
Le 25/01/2015 19:10, Terry Fage a écrit :
On 26/01/2015 4:33 AM, stephane de Labrusse wrote:
Then you should open a bug, and see with Daniel, how we can do that
and see which Data will be gathered.
If this is going to be done, it needs to be in the next ISO, no good
talking about things as it just languishes in discussions.
No, too late for next ISO. We have to concentrate on bug fixes and
getting the new ISO out ASAP. No new features right now IMHO.

If it is agreed it is needed, then just do it..

I agree with it, do it.

I agree, but it need some work:

- How to enable it (opt-in, opt-out ? In the console of the initial
configuration ?)
- In any case, users *must* clearly be made aware of this, especially if
it's opt-in

There are legal issues here that need to be taken care of (first come to mind):

1. Koozali Foundation Inc. is an US entity, thus the patriot act is in effect regarding stored data
2. Opt-in or Opt-out requirements may differ per country
3. Legals strict notices may be mandatory and may differ per country
4. Storing IP's is a whole different ballgame. In some countries it is forbidden, whatever opt-in/out.

- Clear documentation of what's being gathered, and how to disable it
after the initial setup
- Are there legal issues which might apply to some countries ?
- Storing the data itself is the easy part (but requires more work than
the provided PHP script: there's no input validation, we need to ensure
no SQL injections are possible, the schema is sub-optimal, for example,
we need to add indexes and store dates as real date time types, not var
char etc...).
- The hard part is what to do with this data. Should it be made publicly
available, are there some tools or must we write something from scratch,
if we want a map, how to generate it etc...

++