Le 18/01/2018 à 12:41, Carmen Bianca Bakker a écrit :

I don't find this argument very strong at all.  What about a man's
rights to hold slaves?  What about a man's rights to sell oneself into
slavery?  I am aware that the comparison isn't 100% apt, but it relies
on the same core argument: People having the right to deny others rights
and freedoms, and people having the right to waive their rights and
freedoms.

If you start treating rights and freedoms as something that can be
negotiated individually, the "powerful" will misuse this to transfer the
rights of the "weak" over to them.

I'm a staunch individualist, but the individual right to opt out of
freedom is not one that I can comprehend or support.

Yours,

I share this. These are two of the main differences between libre software advocacies(Linus Torvalds and Eric Raymond for the first, RMS for the second) and I think it would be hardly solved now and here...

--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet