This email and many others on this list have been landing in my spam folder

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 9:57 AM Lori Nagel <[email protected]> wrote:

> I usually flag stuff as spam after I try to unsubscribe (from whatever,
> after all I might have inadvertently signed up and then changed my mind)
> and still keep getting unwanted emails. Unfortunately, I get a lot of spam
> related to politics now.
> Is this list spam? No, it is a list that you can leave.
> On Monday, September 30, 2019, 3:22:15 PM EDT, Dmitry Alexandrov <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> Florian Snow <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > If you were under the impression that it is and what to leave, you can
> use this link: https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/mailman/options/discussion
> >
> > If you don't want to take those steps, you could also flag these mails
> as spam and eventually, they will stop coming.
>
>
> I’m not sympathetic to misinformation, but what you suggest is even worse.
>
> The worst thing can happen, when a person was subscribed to a mailing
> list, is that he starts getting information he do not want.
>
> Whereas flagging mail as spam in a typical modern setup means reporting it
> somewhere, so by doing that you increase the odds of someone else missing
> an important piece of information that he _do_ want to get.
>
> Never flag mail that might be useful for anyone as spam, unless your are
> sure that these flags remain purely local.  (Or unless you want to be a
> swine).
> _______________________________________________
> Discussion mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/mailman/listinfo/discussion
> _______________________________________________
> Discussion mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/mailman/listinfo/discussion
>
_______________________________________________
Discussion mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/mailman/listinfo/discussion

Reply via email to