Forrest Aldrich wrote:
I have a home-based SOHO network - so less computers are better. ;-) Unless I found some smaller device that I could install this on - a shuttle or something. I'll consider that.

I would highly recommend one of the SBCs like the Soekris boxes or a WRAP engine. There are some positively tiny machines this would run on, it's really going to be an inverse function with the size of your wallet - the more you're willing to spend, the smaller it'll get.

The Soekris 4801 will set you back about $240; it should provide sufficient power for most SOHO users. Power and size vary from there, but you should still expect to spend at least $200 for a 'small' machine.

I, for one, have taken an old 400MHz AMD K6-2 PC I got for free from a friend, loaded it up with a bunch of leftover NICs & a 20GB HD, put pfSense on it, and stuck it in a closet. No fuss, no muss. Of course, that 'closet' really is a wiring closet - complete with racking, incoming cabling conduit, and the whole nine yards. But it _was_ originally a normal house closet; my wife's just really nice about that stuff. :-D

RB