On 10/30/05, dny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi.
>
> i want to setup wifi interface to allow user to use only the internet.
> i like to setup a firewall rule like this:
>
> pass, if: wifi, source: wifi subnet, dest: wan, dest port: 1-10000
>
> q1: why no wan option in destination?

WAN would be the WAN subnet, not 0.0.0.0/0.  At any rate, that's been
something I've been meaning to do for other reasons.

> q2: what's good/bad limiting destination port like that?

I'd only allow the ports you _want_ the user to get to.  Also, if it's
worms you're worried about, I'd be more worried about ports 21, 25,
69, 80 than anything above 10000.

--Bill