I need quake4 UDP master server updates to try and keep the real source port when going through NAT. The master servers use the src port that they receive when listing your server. I noticed that pf does support that capability through the static-port option but I do not see a way of adding that to the pfsense rules.

I read somewhere in the pfsense discussions that this might be a 1.0 Beta2 feature addition. I am currently testing the 20060125 snapshot and do not see an obvious feature addition for that. Anyone know if this will be added sometime in the future?

This is one feature that I believe pfsense can have that m0n0wall can't. They use ipfilter which does not seem to have a NAT static-port equivalent.

Just for those interested... Linux iptables will try to keep outgoing NATed UDP packets with the same source port unless that port is already in use on the firewall or by a previous state. TCP src ports during NAT are changed on Linux iptables.